This was the first year NMAFC did a concentrated effort to register new voters and get out the vote. With community volunteers’ help, we accomplished the following:
- 6 phone banking sessions with 16,008 attempted calls to Asian Americans in Bernalillo and Sandoval Counties; of those we spoke to, 81% said they would vote in the general election. This was accomplished through 162.9 volunteer hours!
- 273 updated/new voter registrations
- 17 new certified Voter Registration Agents from the Asian community
- 101 Asian Americans surveyed for exit polls on election day to document any discrimination that might be happening at the polls. This was accomplished through 39 volunteer hours!
- 2 voter education events reaching 59 participants from communities such as Afghan, Vietnamese, and Chinese
- 2 media announcements over the Vietnamese Radio station regarding voter education information
- Translated voter education materials
- 7,257 Asian Americans received voter education material in the mail